The Airport Police Division provides law enforcement support to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) passenger and baggage screening process, manages the Department's Aviation Security Program (ASP), and carries out other traditional law enforcement duties. Several of their more important tasks include:
- Develop and maintain the Department's Security Program and Access Control Program.
- Monitor and enforce the Department's traffic control (automobile) procedures.
- Manage the identification badge, fingerprint-based criminal history background checks and threat assessment programs in accordance with the Federal regulatory procedures.
- Conduct aviation security employee and tenant training.
- Provide public assistance and coordinate law enforcement, aviation security and emergency procedures with other law enforcement agencies.
- Provide law enforcement coverage for TSA passenger and baggage screening.